Catering Liability InsuranceRequest A Quote
What is catering liability insurance?
Catering Liability insurance is what we do, you might say it is our “House speciality”.
With three Liability Insurance options on the menu, you can choose from Public, Product and Employers – the perfect accompaniments to your business.
What is public liability cover?
Catering public liability insurance cover offers protection for your business against damages and legal costs that arise as a result of claims from any member of the public suffering an injury, disease, or accidental property damage.
Many local authorities and event organisers will require you to have caterers insurance that covers this. It's wise to take out this insurance as a legal claim could be substantial, for example if an injured person is self-employed then they could even claim for lost income.
What is employers liability cover?
Employers' liability insurance is a legal requirement if you employ people. It offers protection against claims from employees who have suffered an injury or illness arising out of their employment. The cover available complies with the UK's compulsory employers' liability law.
Employers' liability cover can include:
- The legal fees involved in defending a prosecution under the Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Contingent Motor Liability insurance cover which will indemnify you (rather than your employee) whilst he or she is using his/her own vehicle in connection with your business.
- Consumer Protection Act and Food Safety Act legal defence costs.
What is product liability cover?
Product liability cover is a great addition to your business insurance policies. If someone falls ill with food poisoning or has an allergic reaction to something they ate from your food van, you'll need to have the right cover to protect you from any legal action and the legal expenses involved.
If you aren't sure if we can arrange catering business cover for you, just ask, chances are we can! All you need to do is fill in our online form, it couldn't be easier!
Why Mobilers could be right for you
- Over 20+ years experience working with catering businesses and insurers, we can provide you with our best prices from the market
- Specialists in catering liability insurance
- Access to exclusive products and schemes (not available elsewhere)
- Instant cover available from experienced advisors
- Quote in minutes
- Instant documentation available
- Policies increase to £10 million where stipulated under contract or regulatory requirements
- No need to consult price comparison websites. We do all the work for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you're operating on a larger scale and supplying businesses with your food products or selling sandwiches and cakes at your local market, there can be a few curveballs that get thrown your way.
For example, there may be a case of food poisoning or one of your staff members has badly burned themselves on the stove while you're at a music festival. Whatever the accident or injury may be, catering liability insurance can step in when the unexpected happens.
That way, you can stop worrying about risks and focus on growing your business.
Catering business insurance prices vary quite drastically as this depends on the requirements that your specific business needs. Factors such as how many people you employ, business structure, and if you operate a mobile van for example.
To get a more accurate quote for your catering insurance, please speak to one of our friendly team members or request a quote online. They'll be sure to come up with a catering insurance policy that is right for you.
Looking to reduce how much you pay for catering insurance cover? Ask yourself these questions:
- Could insuring through a specialist like Mobilers save me money?
- Have I claimed a lot in the past? If not, your premiums may be lower.
- What types of events do I attend? Smaller events could mean lower risk and lower premiums.
- Do I have catering/hospitality qualifications? For example, have the staff in your catering company received the latest health and safety training?
- How large is my business? A business with modest turnover, employee numbers and equipment needs could cost less to insure.
- Could I pay for a full year up front? Yes, it is important to pay for your liability policies in full upfront.
Remember, no catering company has exactly the same business profile.
Here at Mobilers, we can cover a wide range of event sizes and catering vehicles.
Whether your business is based out of an ice cream van, burger van, coffee van, jiffy truck, or if you own a mobile bar and cater for music events… we have you covered!
Yes, we can provide cover for a wide range of mobile catering businesses, including mobile bars. If you’re a licensed business, give our team a call and get insurance cover in no time for your catering company.
It's a legal requirement to have an employers' liability insurance policy in place if you employ staff.
Legally speaking, as a mobile caterer you're not required to have public liability insurance or catering insurance. However, for accidents and injuries that occur within the workplace, certain costs relating to legal defences, contingent motor liability and more, catering insurance can help you cover the costs for a competitive monthly or annual price.
Looking for catering insurance that’s right for your business?
We specialise in mobile catering insurance and offer a wide range of insurance policies that may be a good fit for your business. Click on the links below to find out more information on how we can help with your insurance needs!
Catering insurance is a crucial component for any catering business, providing comprehensive cover for various unexpected occurrences that can occur in the course of operations. But does mobile catering insurance cover me for large events?
The answer largely depends on the specifics of your catering insurance policy. Many catering insurance policies are designed to provide coverage for events of all sizes, including large ones.
They typically include components such as public liability insurance, which covers you in case of third-party claims for injury or property damage, and products liability insurance, which covers claims related to food poisoning or other harm caused by the food you serve.